Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Ok, that could have been smoother...

Hey Everyone!

Today is day 19 of my challenge. How, you might ask, did the first 18 of my challenge go? Well, not too good. I have kept up with my pushups and can now do two good boy pushups. That doesn't sound like much, but when you are the Queen of Knee Pushups, getting on my toes is a huge accomplishment. As far as my other goals go, I feel like I have been playing a game of "Mother, May I". For every two steps forward, I seem to forget to ask the title question and have to start at the beginning again. Add to that some personal stress and you get a mix of good and bad eating, no menu planning and still being the last one to finish a WOD that involves any amount of running.  

In order to try to get myself back on track, I am doing some extra work with my coach at the gym. She just got a certification under her belt that has to do with body fat assessment and flexibility and she has kindly let me be her guinea pig. I got pinched all over the place last Tuesday and each day I have done a different phase. They have ranged from doing different flexibility exercises, physical assessment like how long I can hold a side plank position  and anaerobic and aerobic endurance. There is one more assessment I have to do and then we get to form a game plan on how to start improving. We have decided that I will get pinched once a month (yea, because it sucks).



My menu planning goal has not yet been implemented...I can be a little lazy sometimes <shrug>. It is not that I am lacking the knowledge or the tools, I even have a 30 day meal plan already done for me in Robb Wolf's book. I also have a ton of Paleo recipes that I have already prepared dozens of times and even more at my finger tips...so lack of ideas is not the thing...I am just being lazy.

But, everyday is a new day, a new beginning and a chance to get back on the horse. So here's to a new day, everyone, and I will tell you all about the next two weeks in my next blog.

Until then, I am sincerely,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment